Friday 12 May 2017

See the pictures of a grandpa who quit school to educate his daughters, graduates from college aged 88.



The grandpa who graduates at age 88 is call Horace Sheffield. He has earned his Bachelor of Science in Christian studies. He went to Shorter University from 1960 to 1965, but left halfway.  60 years later, he wanted that degree, so he went back to school.

Joy and celebration as 88-year-old grandfather from Barnesville, Georgia, US finally graduates from college with flying colours.

Horace in his graduation wear.




Horace Sheffield has successfully acquired his diploma in Bachelor of Science in Christian studies from Short University.

“It’s a thrill of a lifetime. I finally made it. I am living proof that you have no excuses,” he says, with a huge smile on his face, adding that a man 88 years old doesn't get an opportunity to walk across the stage many times in life.
The old man was accompanied by his tutor, Amanda Brannock, as he went to receive his diploma certificate.

Sheffield reportedly left college between 1960 and 1965 before he could graduate. His reason was that he wanted to focus more on educating his daughters.

“I dropped out with 115 hours. At that time a piece of paper on a wall didn’t mean that much to me. I had my education and my brain and my heart, and I put them all to good use. But 60 years later I wanted that degree,” he says.

The old man resumed education after he came across an article in a magazine that said seniors could attend college for free.

This is good news for those that are willing to return to education like Horace. There is no age limited  to education, if you are determined, you will achieve your goal. Congratulations to the luck grandpa Horace.

No comments:

Post a Comment