Saturday 2 February 2019

My first wife got me three other wives



Muhammad, Emir of Kanam In this interview with JAMES ABRAHAM, the Emir of Kanam, Alhaji Muhammad Mua’zu Muhammad, speaks about his experience on the throne and how he has ensured that there is peace in the emirate How would you describe your experience on the throne as the Emir of Kanam?

As you already know, my name is Muhammad Mua’zu Muhammad; I’m the seventh Emir of Kanam. I was given the name of my grandfather, who was the sixth Emir of Kanam. I succeeded my grandfather, not my father.

I came to this world about 46 years ago, on January 28, 1973 as the first child of the late Emir, Muhammadu Ciroma Kanam. My mother is also from the royal house. What has been the most interesting part of being an Emir?

I think it is when you have your people’s support to be their Emir. What that means is that they completely trust you. For me, it is the most important aspect of life. As a prince, your hope and aspiration would be to follow in the footsteps of your forefathers by being on the throne someday.

How did you meet your first wife?

 It was when I was almost graduating that my father called me and said I was going to get married. I told him I did not have any girlfriend and he told me not to worry because they had got one for me.

Fortunately, the person in question is my dad’s cousin and she became my first wife. And she was the one that married the other three wives for me. You may be interested in knowing how I married them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment